Raphael Reischuk is a member of several international program committees for information security; he is a frequent and passionate speaker at international conferences and appears regularly on topics of network, web and cyber security. Raphael Reischuk is the author of numerous scientific publications in various fields of IT security and cryptography, for which he has received several (international) awards.
After studying computer science with a focus on information security, Raphael Reischuk received his PhD with distinction in web and cloud security at the Information Security and Cryptography Group at CISPA (the Center for IT-Security, Privacy, and Accountability) at Saarland University and Cornell University under the direction of Prof. Michael Backes and Prof. Johannes Gehrke. Before joining Zühlke Engineering AG, he worked as Senior Information Security Researcher at ETH Zürich (the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology), where he has done research and teaching on secure Internet architectures and co-developed SCION.
• incentivization for correct behavior in the TLS infrastructure and the web ecosystem [MR '17]
• secure-by-design application development and analysis through the SAFE Activation Framework for Extensibility [WWW '12, ACM CCS '13, ICWE '15]
• for network architectures
[SENT '15, TOPS '17, IEEE S&P '17]
• for the web ecosystem [WWW '12, ACM CCS '13, ICWE '15]
• for stateless IAM solutions with efficiently decidable authorization
• wholistic protection against volumetric distributed denial-of-service attacks [ICNP '15, NDSS '16]
• verifiable delegation of computation and data
• in cloud-based environments [ACM CCS '13]
• with efficient verification for smart IoT devices [IEEE S&P '15]
• Ethereum-driven incentivization for preventing fraudulent certificates in the TLS ecosystem [SENT '15, IEEE S&P '17]
• the highly-available SCION Internet Architecture [ACM CCS '16, CACM '17, Spr '17]
• detection and deterrence of non-compliant behavior across autonomous systems [ICNP '15, iNetSec '15, SENT '15]
• protocol synthesis from declarative specifications [SecDay '10, TOSCA '11]
• automated verification for cryptographic protocols [TOSCA '11]
• state restoration for propagation solvers [BSc '08, CP '09]
• conflict-clause learning for satisfiability [BSc '08, CP '09]
The 10th International IEEE Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science
2018/12/10 | Nicosia, Cyprus
2018/06/25 | Invited talk at the general assembly of Swiss Cyber Experts | Zurich
2018/06/11 | Invited talk at About & Beyond PKI | Bern
2018/05/18 | Invited talk at the Big Techday 11 | Munich
How to protect innovation in the digital age?
The 9th International IEEE Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science
2017/12/11 | Hong Kong
2017/11/28 | Invited talk about cloud security at the TestStand User Group Meeting 2017 | Zurich
2017/11/13 | Blog post on the alleged hack of Face ID on iPhone X (German)
2017/10/31 | Parkomatic AG, Umweltarena Spreitenbach, Switzerland
2017/10/25 | Switzerland Global Enterprise, Zurich, Switzerland
2017/06/28 | Keynote talk at DigitSummit 2017, Zurich
2017/06/20 | Article in KMU-Magazin about the digital transformation and the security of IoT
2017/06/06 | Panel discussion at TechTuesday, Zurich
2017/05/16 | Simple thoughts on how to stop ransomware
2017/05/15 | Blog post on the WannaCry ransomware
2017/04/05 | Blog post on the growing importance of authentication
2017/02/07 | Keynote talk at TechTuesday Zurich on the design and deployment challenges of a secure Internet for the 21st century
The 8th International IEEE Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science
2016/12/12 | Luxembourg
2016/12/09 | Public talk and workshop at Zurich Dark Night, Karl der Grosse, Zurich.
2016/11/27 | Public keynote at Treffpunkt Science City, ETH Zurich.
2016/11/24 | Keynote talk at Geopolitics-Aware Internet Strategies, Rome.
2016/10/24 | Vienna, Austria
2016/08/31 | Amalfi, Italy
2016/06/14 | Invited talk at the SWITCH Network and Security Conference, Lucerne.
2016/03/21 | Saarbrücken, Germany
2016/02/22 | Conference talk at the Internet Society Network and Distributed System Security Symposium 2016 (NDSS), San Diego, USA.
granted by the National Commission on Informatics and Liberty in France (Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés). See here and here.
for outstanding achievements during the undergraduate studies. See here.